How To Use BHIM App Step by Step
BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) is an initiative to enable fast, secure, reliable cashless payments through your mobile phone. BHIM is inter-operable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). BHIM is made in India and dedicated to the service of the nation.
How does it work?
Register your bank account with BHIM, and set a UPI PIN for the bank account. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA), and you can simply start transacting. Yes! It is that simple.
Custom Payment Address: You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
QR Code: You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
What can you do?
Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
Check Balance: You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
– Allahabad Bank
– Andhra Bank
– Axis Bank
– Bank of Baroda
– Bank of Maharashtra
– Canara Bank
– Catholic Syrian Bank
– Central Bank of India
– DCB Bank
– Dena Bank
– Federal Bank
– HDFC Bank
– ICICI Bank
– IDBI Bank
– IDFC Bank
– Indian Bank
– Indian Overseas Bank
– IndusInd Bank
– Karnataka Bank
– Karur Vysya Bank
– Kotak Mahindra Bank
– Oriental Bank of Commerce
– Punjab National Bank
– RBL Bank
– South Indian Bank
– Standard Chartered Bank
– State Bank of India
– Syndicate Bank
– Union Bank of India
– United Bank of India
– Vijaya Bank
How to Use BHIM?
- First of all download and install BHIM app from Play Store.
- The app will prompt you to verify your phone number using an SMS. Click on Next and wait for the verification process to be completed.
- Once the verification is complete, input a 4 digit pass-code.
- Now, select your bank. It will get your all account details. Select your Account as Primary account for transactions.
- The app displays three options — send, request and scan/pay. Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
- To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your MPIN(usually a four or a six digit code that authenticates a mobile transaction).
- The same way, you can request money from someone, using their phone number.
- The third option, scan & pay, allows users to transfer money using a QR code. Each phone number is assigned a QR code which can be accessed under profile on the home screen.
Transaction Limits: Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
Language supported: Hindi and English. More languages coming soon!
Note: BHIM requires permission to your Phone Calls & SMS to verify your phone number.